Wilshere-Dacre triumphs as Letchworth and Hitchin primary schools go head-to-head at Fearnhill School athletics championship
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from five primary schools have gone head-to-head in Letchworth at the inaugural Fearnhill KS2 Athletics Championship.
The track and field contest last Friday drew more than 100 pupils to Fearnhill School from Letchworth’s Garden City Academy and the Grange, Norton St Nicholas and Purwell schools, as well as Hitchin’s Wilshere-Dacre Academy.
Wilshere-Dacre narrowly beat Norton St Nicholas to first place, with the Grange coming in third. Purwell came fourth, and Garden City Academy came last.
Fearnhill PE head Adam Marsh saluted the pupils for their commitment and determination, saying: “They have taken part in such a good spirit and we all had a great afternoon. Next year it will be even bigger.”
The event was supported by the Letchworth Heritage Foundation and Active Letchworth. Organiser Karen Watson said: “I’d like to thank the Heritage Foundation for supplying the funding for specialist equipment.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a great investment in future talent, and meant a lovely community experience for everyone involved.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus