Willow team appeal for support as Stevenage shop opening nears
- Credit: Archant
A Herts-based charity which is opening a new shop in Stevenage on Friday is appealing for support and donations.
Willow, the only national charity working with seriously ill people aged 16 to 40 to fulfil uplifting and unforgettable special days, will be opening the doors of its new shop in The Hyde, Shephall .
Staff are already working to fit out the shop and will be happy to accept donations of pre-loved clothing, books, toys and bric-a-brac.
Manager Stephanie O’Connor said: “Every penny raised through sales in the shop will help Willow fulfil many more unforgettable special days.
“We will be reliant on our local supporters and volunteers to help us to make the shop a success through their donations of stock and time.
You may also want to watch:
“Volunteering is a great way to give something back, meet new people and improve your CV. If you think you could spare some time, whether it is once a week or once every few months we’d love to hear from you.”
Call 01707 259777 or email email@example.com for more, or visit www.willowfoundation.org.uk to learn about the charity’s work.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed