Willian pub hosts launch night for Stevenage-based sitcom Lee and Dean
- Credit: Archant
Cast and crew members of the new Stevenage-based sitcom, Lee and Dean, celebrated its launch on Friday at a village pub.
Eighty members of the team attended The Three Horseshoes in Willian to watch the premier of the new Channel 4 comedy show which stars Miles Chapman and Mark O’Sullivan – who both live in Stevenage.
All in attendence enjoyed the screening of the first episode – which aired on Channel 4 at 10pm – on the pub’s 75-inch screen, before celebrating the launch in the function room.
Miles Chapman, who stars as Lee, told the Comet: “It was a total dream being surrounded by friends and family and watching the first episode of Lee and Dean.
“We had a truly magical time even though our heads looked huge on the TV.”
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage men Miles and Mark wrote, produced and star in the latest comedy, alongside Sam Underwood and Phil Clarke. The duo have been friends for 15 years, and the majority of their cast mates are also their friends.
Three Horseshoes owner Chris Cody said: “Miles is a local and wanted to use the function room as we have a massive 75in screen and amplified sound system making it a perfect venue for them.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
“At first we expected 20 or 30 to arrive so quietly got on with our jobs but the numbers rose and on the night about 70 or 80 of the crew, cast and families turned up.
“Most of them ordered food from the menu and they had a great night. Loud cheers went up at the end of the screening and everyone left happy.
“Ricky Grover, who is a good friend of Miles and Mark, also attended and will be in some of the future episodes.
“Miles has been in since and thanked us for a great night and is looking forward to coming back.
“Hopefully they will get a new series as it has had very good reviews plus the viewing figures were very strong and we are hoping to be included.”
The six-part drama will continue on Channel 4 every Friday at 10pm. You can watch episode one on demand here channel4.com/programmes/lee-and-dean/on-demand/62288-001.
The next episode will air on Channel 4 at 10pm this Friday.