Willian care home is praised for its kindness and respect for residents
- Credit: Archant
Guysfield residential home in Willian has been praised in its latest Care Quality Commission report for its team’s kindness, respect and understanding of residents.
The care home was rated good in each of the five inspection categories – safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led – during its latest inspection,
Residents also praised the staff, telling the CQC that the care team were skilled in meeting their needs.
“The staff are lovely, they’re very good and kind,” one resident told them. Inspectors praised staff for being attentive, patient and getting to know each of the residents.
Guysfield is part of the Caring Homes Group, which provides residential and dementia care for up to 49 elderly people.
You may also want to watch:
Along with praising their attentiveness, the residents also complimented the food. Offering lots of choices, the residents can choose from options on a menu board which is on display in the dining room.
Mealtime was observed and staff were seen to be pleasant, patient and offered help to residents.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
They were also praised for their range of home activities, providing varied sessions with the emphasis on having fun. A ‘wish tree’ had been introduced by the team, with the staff working towards fulfilling the wishes that were written by residents on the leaves.
Home manager Pawel Michalewicz said: “At Caring Homes we want to ensure that our home is just that – a caring home. We are all extremely happy that the CQC inspectors have given us a good rating in every category.”
Pawel is praised in the report with inspectors seeing him to be kind and caring and engaging with people in a lighthearted, professional way and showing he knew people well and cared about them.
The report continues, saying that staff were seen to be kind and caring and that people’s privacy and dignity were respected.
To find out about life at Guysfield Residential Home inspection team spoke with nine residents, three relatives, five members of staff, the manager and the regional manager. Three support plans and three staff files were viewed.
To find out more about Caring Homes and Guysfield Residential Home visit our website at caringhomes.org.