Bill Taylor: Hitchin conspiracy to murder suspects charged
- Credit: Archant
A woman and a man from Hitchin have both been charged with conspiracy to murder in connection with the disappearance of Gosmore man William ‘Bill’ Taylor.
Angela Taylor, aged 52 and of Charlton Road, and 53-year-old Paul Cannon, of Pirton Road, were rearrested yesterday and have now been charged by police.
Two further men – an 18-year-old and a 23-year-old both from Hitchin – were also arrested by officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, but have been released on police bail while enquiries continue,
Farmer William Taylor was last seen at his home in Gosmore at around 9pm on Sunday, June 3 – shortly before his 70th birthday.
He was reported missing to police the following day.
You may also want to watch:
Since then, extensive enquiries and searches have been carried out in the effort to locate him before information led officers to launch a murder investigation.
William’s body has not yet been found and enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information that could assist police is asked to contact Herts police via the non-emergency number 101. You can also submit information here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/824.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed