Wicked’s warriors fly the flag for Hitchin as teams line up for Stevenage It’s A Knockout challenge in aid of North Herts hospice team
- Credit: Archant
An It’s A Knockout contest where we can have loads of fun, compete against other teams from across North Herts and help the Garden House Hospice at the same time? That sounds Wicked!
That was the reaction at one company when they saw the challenge issued by the hospice team in advance of June’s inaugural challenge.
The team at innovative wrapping paper firm Wicked Wrapping Paper, based in Hitchin’s Wilbury Way, reckoned the fun competition sounded just the ticket.
And now staff are in training to take top honours when their team goes into action at the Marriotts School & Sports Centre in Stevenage on Sunday, June 7.
Originally the idea of Adam Pearson, Wicked allows customers to create their own personalised wrapping paper through a state of the art website.
You may also want to watch:
The firm already offers packages which allow charities and schools to raise money by creating their own line of wrapping paper and also supports a number of hospices, including Garden House.
Adam’s wife Emily said: “Garden House is very close to our hearts with Adam’s mum needing hospice care and support in 2004.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
“We are very excited about being involved with It’s A Knockout – we are not only entering a team but running a stall on the day as well.
“Our whole family will be there and team members will be supported by their families, too. It will be a great day to remember.”
There are only 20 team places available for the event, and if you think your club, company or organisation has what it takes to beat Wicked’s warriors contact Cathy White (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit www.ghhospice.co.uk to find out more.
Find out more about the services Wicked offers at www.wickedwrappingpaper.com.