Who you gonna’ call? Dustbusters! – Stevenage’s Cineworld evacuated during showing of new Ghostbusters movie after dust sparks fire alarms
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s Cineworld had to be evacuated yesterday evening as cinema goers were enjoying films including the latest Ghostbusters movie.
The fire alarms were accidently set of at 6.40pm and hundreds of punters had to be led outside.
They waited an hour before being allowed back in to continue their viewing.
Cineworld said the alarms went off due to dust from the current renovation project setting off sensors.
Georgina Jones, the cinema’s general manager, said: “We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and would like to thank our customers for their understanding – especially while we continue with our extensive refurbishment to the cinema.
You may also want to watch:
“We can’t wait for you to see your brand new Cineworld Stevenage.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years