Where can you get a Greggs’ vegan sausage roll in North Herts?
- Credit: Archant
Greggs’ new vegan sausage roll went on sale yesterday to much excitement on social media, but where in North Herts can you get one?
The bakers have put their latest creation on sale in 900 stores across the UK and, sadly for Hitchin and Letchworth residents, their town’s Greggs are not among them.
However, in Stevenage, vegan sausage rolls will be on sale in two of their three stores, with the Esso garages in Lytton Way and Broadwater Cresent stocking them.
It’s also good news for the people of Baldock and motorists, as they are on sale at the Greggs in Baldock Services off Junction 10 of the A1(M).
Their introduction to stores comes off the back of strong customer demand, including a petition by animal rights organisation PETA, which was signed by more than 20,000 people.
You may also want to watch:
The bakers’ website says: “Our new vegan friendly sausage roll has been designed to mirror some of the sausage roll’s classic features including 96 layers of light and crisp puff pastry, but instead we wrap it around our own bespoke Quorn filling.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home