Wheel-ly good fun at a Hitchin school’s scoot
- Credit: Archant
There were wheels galore at a Hitchin school on Tuesday for a sponsored scoot to help raise money for an outside study area.
There were wheels galore at a Hitchin school for an of term sponsored scoot to help raise money for an outside study area.
Strathmore Infant and Nursery School in Old Hale Way saw many pupils bring in their scooters for the cause as part of their Sky-Ride day in association with Sky Sports – which also provided a minion for the occasion.
The event was to help fundraise for work to be carried out on an outdoor curriculum area providing the chance for children to learn maths and science in the open.
Head Bernadette Holmes said: “The day was a huge success with our pupils raising an amazing £1,417 so far – the children also loved having a minion at school.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d also like to pay tribute to highly thought of teachers who are leaving, Mary Fall, Scarlet Wills and Jack Maydom.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 10 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings