What a whopper
A SUNFLOWER seed planted by accident has shot up to near record breaking heights.
The seed was planted by 10-year-old Chelsea Wilkinson while she was feeding the birds at her grandparent’s house in Arlesey.
Anita Rawlings, her grandmother, said: “My granddaughter was round and it’s all down to her.
“She was feeding the birds for me but she chucked a couple of seeds on to the bird feeder.
“I had the hump when she did it but then it grew and grew like a triffid.”
You may also want to watch:
The sunflower currently stands at 13ft – 1ft 7ins from the British record.
Mrs Rawlings said: “You have got to see it to believe it, everyone who walks past it say they have never seen a sunflower like it!”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
If you have a giant plant then The Comet would like to hear from you.
*Contact us on 01438 866200 or on email@example.com