Wetherspoon set to open by July at Crown Hotel in Biggleswade
- Credit: Archant
Pub chain Wetherspoon says its refit of Biggleswade’s former Crown Hotel is imminent, with the pub and hotel set to open by the end of the summer.
Word in the town had indicated that the move might be under threat – but Wetherspoon has scotched those rumours.
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: “We are still committed to opening the pub and hotel. Our design team are set to look at the project once more before we go on site.
“If they give the go-ahead following the meeting, then we aim to start development work in the coming weeks and have the pub and hotel open by July.”
Wetherspoon staff were on site yesterday. Mr Gershon added that the work would cost £2.6 million, and that the hotel would have nine rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor David Lawrence, who represents Biggleswade South on Central Beds Council, told the Comet: “I’m delighted they’re setting the scene. The big move for Wetherspoon is critical for others to follow.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?