Westley will take Boro to Football League - Moro
Ex-Boro striker Steve Morison believes Graham Westley will finish the job he started this season after the Boro boss signed up for another 12 months at The Lamex Stadium. Westley will have to do it without the services of Morison, who completed a �130,00
Ex-Boro striker Steve Morison believes Graham Westley will finish the job he started this season after the Boro boss signed up for another 12 months at The Lamex Stadium.
Westley will have to do it without the services of Morison, who completed a �130,000 move to Millwall on Friday but the 25-year-old believes the Boro boss will lead the Hertfordshire side to the Football League without him.
"It's fantastic that he's stayed on and I don't think there are going to be many teams to push this team for the title next year," Morison told The Comet.
"They are a strong bunch of lads and it needs a strong manager like Graham to lead them.
You may also want to watch:
"If he signs the right players, which I know he will, then I think they will go on and win the league just as we should have done this year."
Boro have already been busy in the transfer market as the club looks to get a lot of its business done early to give the new signings time to settle in.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
Yemi Odubade, Joel Byrom and Charlie Griffin have all been brought in and Morison believes his departure will give someone a massive chance to make their mark at the club.
"Everyone's replaceable. They've signed Charlie Griffin, who is a good player and he has scored a few goals.
"It's a fresh challenge for someone. They can replace me, of course they can. I'm only one player in the team.
"I've done well for this club and hopefully someone can come in and fill my boots.