Westley wary of using loan market
Boro boss Graham Westley is not expecting to take advantage of the loan window but will keep his eyes open for any deals. Westley is wary of upsetting the equilibrium he has established within the Boro squad that has seen them go 14 matches unbeaten an
Boro boss Graham Westley is not expecting to take advantage of the loan window but will "keep his eyes open" for any deals.
Westley is wary of upsetting the equilibrium he has established within the Boro squad that has seen them go 14 matches unbeaten and would have to loan players out before getting anyone else in.
"I'm not expecting to do anything. I will always have my eyes open and I will be prepared to do something if it feels right," Westley told The Comet.
"But I'm not sitting here with an open cheque book. I would have to let somebody out to get someone else in like with the Luke Oliver and Jon Ashton situation."
You may also want to watch:
Westley believes his players have earned the right to be part of the Boro squad thanks to their fantastic run of results.
"I also want people to know that doing a really good job is worth something and reward that. I've got to be really careful because I don't want to disrupt anything.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
"If something comes along then I will be prepared to do something but it's a difficult one because we are not in a position where we can go out and spend.