Westley sad to see Bridges leave
Boss says he would 'shed a tear'
Graham Westley said he would ‘shed a tear’ when he shakes David Bridges’ hand for the last time this week as the midfielder leaves the club to join Kettering Town.
The midfielder spent three seasons with Stevenage and played 80 games for the club scoring 15 goals before leaving this summer having started just 10 league games for Boro last season after injuries restricted his first team appearances.
Speaking about Bridges’ time at the club, Westley called the 28-year-old a ‘gladiator’ and said he was pleased his former player had landed a good deal at his new club.
“David has been a gladiator for us, he’s a fantastic individual to work with, a true man, a real competitor,” Westley said.
You may also want to watch:
“His fitness has deprived him of a lot of games over the last three years but when he’s played he’s competed so well for everybody at the club. I’ll certainly shed a tear when I shake his hand and he leaves for Kettering because he’s been a tremendous servant to the football club. He’s a winner, there’s no question about it. Day in, day out on the training ground he puts one foot in front of the other with a real passion. He cares, he’s got standards, he’s a leader of men. He’s a terrific person to have around the football club.
“I’m really sorry to see him go. Obviously I could have held on to him but he got a great offer to go there but I’m delighted that that’s good for him and his family.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds