Westley’s praise for Saturday’s opponents Coventry City
- Credit: Kevin Coleman
Stevenage boss Graham Westley is aware that the league table doesn’t tell the full story ahead of his side’s clash with Coventry City on Saturday.
The Sky Blues sit a place and a point below Stevenage in the Sky Bet League One table, but were hit with a 10 point deduction prior to the season starting.
“They’ve had a very good start to the season,” said Westley.
“They’re below us in the table but only because of their points deduction, they’ve produced some good performances.”
The two clubs first met last term, with Stevenage winning 2-1 at the Ricoh Arena and City securing a 3-1 success on Boxing Day in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
Coventry began this season well with their strikers regularly on target, Callum Wilson has already netted nine goals with strike partner Leon Clarke bagging five times.
After losing just one of their opening seven games, the Midlands side have hit the buffers slightly, losing their last two to Brentford and Port Vale respectively.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
Manager Westley is though under no illusions about the quality of the side that Coventry boss Steven Pressley will bring for the trip south to the Lamex.
“I’ve seen them twice and they’ve got some terrific players,” he said.
“They’ve been playing very, very well. They’re a very progressive side, good with the ball, some real threats so they’re a handful no question about that, certainly a top side not a bottom side.”