Westley’s given questions to answer by keeper Day’s good form
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage boss Graham Westley has been impressed by the displays of veteran goalkeeper Chris Day after his consecutive clean sheets since returning to the starting XI.
The 39-year-old was almost ever-present in the Stevenage goal during the 2013/14 campaign, however, the addition of Sam Beasant from Woking over the summer saw Day benched for the first eight Sky Bet League Two games of this campaign.
Beasant suffered a training ground injury ahead of the Oxford United away game for which Day was restored to the team and was unbeaten in a goalless draw.
He followed that with another shutout on Saturday as Boro defeated Mansfield Town 3-0.
Ahead of this Saturday’s derby clash with Luton Town at the Lamex Stadium, Westley told the Comet: “Daysy has come in and kept two clean sheets so he’s certainly given me more than a few questions to answer with his performances; he been very good and it’s been a great bounce back from him.
You may also want to watch:
“Sam [Beasant], whether he’s right or whether he’s not, I think Daysy will start between the sticks at the weekend.”
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision