Westley praises Walton, calls him a model professional
- Credit: Archant
Simon Walton was “outstanding” in the centre of midfield for Stevenage against West Ham, according to Graham Westley.
The former Hartlepool man pulled the strings in the middle of the pitch for Stevenage in the 2-2 draw and was instrumental in their defensive organisation.
After the game, Westley had high praise for the 26-year-old.
“I said to the boys that I don’t tend to blow smoke at anybody but I had to acknowledge Simon’s performance. He was outstanding,” stated the manager.
“His energy, he covered the ground for 90 minutes, his voice, his leadership, his ability on the ball, his desire, his command of the game, his decision making – he’s a class act.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “[Since he got here] he’s been the model professional. He’s an outstanding footballer and he ran the show against some very good players.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds