Westley pleased with “tremendous” performance
Stevenage manager happy with display in FA Cup win over Stourbridge
Graham Westley said his players put in a ‘tremendous performance’ to overcome a dogged Stourbridge side in Saturday’s FA Cup tie.
Two goals from Chris Beardsley and a late Robin Shroot strike helped Boro to a 3-0 win over their Evo-Stik Southern Premier opponents, and afterwards Westley said his side played well against a tough opponent on a difficult surface.
“We expected that we would have to work very hard. They’re a club that’s on the up themselves, they’ve got momentum, they’ve brought in a big crowd this afternoon,” Westley said.
“It’s a very difficult surface, a tough place to come. We knew we’d have to prepare and be right to get the right result and the boys put in a tremendous performance.
You may also want to watch:
“The lads, 18 months ago, became champions of non-league and you’re not able to do that if you’re not able to come into difficult places and win games against well organised and professional sides at a lower level. They’re familiar with what it takes and they were ready for the job.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision