Westley pleased with how squad is shaping up
Boro boss Graham Westley is pleased with his transfer dealings so far this summer and the 41-year-old believes the new additions have added more variation to his squad. Westley has let some of his fringe squad members leave the club, Steve Morison apar
Boro boss Graham Westley is pleased with his transfer dealings so far this summer and the 41-year-old believes the new additions have added "more variation" to his squad.
Westley has let some of his fringe squad members leave the club, Steve Morison apart, replacing them with players capable of pushing for a place in the starting XI every week.
The signing of Stacy Long has been hailed by many fans as the "signing of the summer" while the likes of Charlie Griffin, Yemi Odubade, Joel Byrom and Chris Beardsley have all strengthened what will be an all-out assault on promotion next season.
"I think we have brought in more variation to our squad," Westley told The Comet. "I wanted to do a lot of my work early on and I've managed to do that.
"That is sometimes difficult to do as some players want to leave it as long as they can to see what is on offer.
"I wanted to make sure we kept a continuity from last season and I think we've done that.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 10 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
"We are just about where I want to be at this stage.
"In the second half of last season we were lacking in certain areas in the squad and it showed when we lost Mitchell that we did not have the greatest of cover.