Westley not worried at contract situation
Boro boss Graham Westley is unconcerned his contract at the club runs out in the summer and is purely concentrating on leading the club into the play-offs. Many Boro fans were against Westley s re-appointment last summer but the 40-year-old has slowly won
Boro boss Graham Westley is unconcerned his contract at the club runs out in the summer and is purely concentrating on leading the club into the play-offs.
Many Boro fans were against Westley's re-appointment last summer but the 40-year-old has slowly won them round on the back of masterminding a 13-match unbeaten run.
If Boro can continue their impressive form, the club will want to tie Westley and his management team down to a longer contract but the former Rushden and Diamonds chief insists contract talks are far from his mind at this crucial stage in the season.
When asked if he had considered his future at The Lamex Stadium beyond the summer, Westley said: "I haven't thought about that nor has the club asked me to think about it. I don't see any issue there.
You may also want to watch:
"Personally, I am enjoying myself and hopefully the club feels that I am doing ok.
"All I am thinking about is continuing to win. (Felipe) Scolari's situation at Chelsea shows that winning, not contracts, is what really counts.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home