Westley lends a hand selling Everton tickets
- Credit: Archant
Boro manager gets behind the counter as tickets go on general sale
Graham Westley was at Stevenage’s club shop this morning helping to sell Everton FA Cup tickets.
The Boro boss, fresh from his side’s 2-0 win over Swindon Town last night, gave staff a hand with phone enquiries and ticket sales.
Stevenage’s season ticket holders and Supporters’ Association members have already got their tickets, and the club put the remainder of the tickets on general sale today.
After his spell behind the till, a jovial Westley told the Comet: “I managed to clear the queue out very quickly!
You may also want to watch:
“I think the customers were excited and delighted by the level of service they got this morning, multi-tasking is what we’re all about here.”
Of the impact the competition has on football fans and those on the inside of the game, he added: “The FA Cup always captures the imagination, it’s a very special competition.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“It’s got its name as being the greatest cup competition in the world for a reason.
“People just get inspired by it and you see that by the club shop this morning full of people wanting their tickets for an exciting occasion.”
Come back later for a photo gallery from this morning’s club shop special!