Westley impressed with QPR loanee Doughty
- Credit: Archant
QPR loanee Michael Doughty impressed Boro boss Graham Westley on his Stevenage debut against Leyton Orient on Saturday.
Stevenage may have lost the clash with the league leaders 1-0, but Westley was happy with what he saw from the Welsh U21 international midfielder, who is with Boro until January.
He said: “QPR have been very good to us with Doughty.
“They want to get their player games, I thought he gave us a real touch of class in the middle of the park today Joel Byromesque, in honesty he has an extra yard to Jozza as well and we know what a good player Joel was for us in League One, so it’s nice to see that quality come in.”
Westley spotted Doughty when a QPR XI were beaten 2-0 at the Lamex Stadium in a pre-season game in July.
You may also want to watch:
“[QPR coach] Mark Bircham made me aware at the pre-season game to keep an eye on him because he was likely to be coming out [on loan].
“I though his qualities that day were just the ones we needed and I think he will be a very, very good player for us. I’m delighted to have him in.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
“It’s his quality on the ball that shines through, he’s always willing to take responsibility for the football, he’s creative, he’s got that little burst, he sees a forward pass, takes responsibility to take the game forward, you feel like you own the ball with him in there.”