Westley hoping Boro don’t make same mistake twice
Stevenage boss wants first back-to-back victories of the season
STEVENAGE boss Graham Westley says this weekend’s fixture against Yeovil Town will provide his team with an excellent opportunity to record their first back-to-back wins of the season.
Boro bounced back from a five-match winless streak last Saturday against leaders Charlton Athletic, and Westley is keen for his players to replicate the same level of performance against second from bottom Yeovil at the Lamex Stadium.
“It’s a big opportunity,” said Westley. “This football club likes big games. It will be our first back-to-back wins in League One and there’s no better time for us to show that we’re on the bounce back with our second home game in a week.
“They’ve (Yeovil) had a start that people say has been indifferent, but they are sat between Exeter and Chesterfield and we drew with both of those sides earlier in our campaign. And although we’ve improved since then we know we’re going to have to take every ounce of improvement into our game to make sure we win.
You may also want to watch:
“When we nailed Sheffield Wednesday, one of the mistakes we made was we didn’t take the positives from it. We were so keen to keep our feet on the ground that we forgot to look at the performance and remember everything that we had done really.
“It was a strong Stevenage performance against a good outfit and last weekend (against Charlton) was exactly the same….. Saturday was very similar in many regards to the Sheffield performance and I think we’ve taken the positives from it this time round while managing to keep our feet on the ground at the same time.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage