Westley fires warning to Boro squad
Don t be nearly men – that s the message from Boro boss Graham Westley to his players ahead of Saturday s FA Trophy semi-final second leg against Ebbsfleet United. Boro take a 3-2 advantage to Stonebridge Road and Westley is adamant his side will see th
Don't be nearly men" - that's the message from Boro boss Graham Westley to his players ahead of Saturday's FA Trophy semi-final second leg against Ebbsfleet United.
Boro take a 3-2 advantage to Stonebridge Road and Westley is adamant his side will see the job through and secure the club's second trip to Wembley in the space of three years.
With Boro handily placed for the play-offs there could even be a second trip to "The Big Arch" before the end of the season but Westley is looking for his side to maintain the momentum from their 20-match unbeaten run.
"We know we've got the steel inside ourselves and the determination to have a successful season," Westley told The Comet. "We know what success looks like - it's not being the nearly men. It's being men that go all the way."
You may also want to watch:
Despite going into the second leg with a one-goal advantage, Westley said his side will not sit back and try to protect this lead - they will be going all out for victory.
"We play to win every game - that's all that we know. We go into that game knowing that it's a tough place to go and a difficult victory to get. But we know we are capable of going there and finishing the job off.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
"Our lads were disappointed with the way the second half started on Saturday but credit to the lads for coming back because that winner could be a massive goal for us - that advantage shouldn't be underestimated."
Find out if Boro can win through to the Wembley Trophy final this Saturday by logging on to www.thecomet24.co.uk
The Comet will be uploading a full match report within five minutes of the final whistle as part of its improved Boro coverage and you can also keep up with all the latest goings on at The Lamex Stadium by checking the website every day.