Westley expects “dangerous” Boro against Rotherham
- Credit: Archant
Both Steve Evans and Graham Westley are expecting a “dangerous” Stevenage side when they travel to Rotherham on Saturday.
The Millers won the reverse fixture at the Lamex Stadium 3-0 but, with a renewed vigour in the team after the 3-1 win over Gillingham, Westley believes Boro can beat Rotherham.
“We won’t underestimate them,” he said.
“Steve has built a strong squad and they’re going well. It’s up to us not to worry about us. He’s described us as a dangerous side and I think on Saturday we will be.
“Winning teams find a way to win on the day. The starting point is to decide to find a winning way. We’ve been at our best when we’ve done that. We’re at a point where, against Gillingham, we found a way to win the game on the day. We had a plan but found a way to win.
You may also want to watch:
“It doesn’t matter what they bring, we’re bring more and find a way to win.”
Rotherham are currently fifth in the Sky Bet League One table after being promoted at the end of last season. Boro’s boss noted the similarities in the teams’ ascensions to League One and praised Evans for his work.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
“What they’ve done is a mirror of our promotion into League One; we got up and then carried it on. When you’ve won a promotion you have a momentum, they’ve added wisely.
“Steve has done a brilliant job there. With his non-league background he doesn’t get the credit he deserves but wherever he’s been he’s been able to build winning sides; that’s the strength he’s got.”