Westley excited about Daley acquisition
GRAHAM WESTLEY says he is delighted to have signed Luke Daley from Norwich on an emergency one-month loan deal.
It’s no secret Boro have often struggled for goals this term and the Boro boss is hopeful his new signing will have a positive impact during his stay at the Lamex Stadium.
Westley’s interest in the 21-year-old stems back to last summer when he spoke with Canaries boss Paul Lambert about his potential with a view to bringing him to Stevenage on loan. However, a thigh injury which has kept him out for a large part of the season meant any hopes of signing the player were scuppered.
The Boro boss revived his interest in the winger last week, though, when he travelled to Norwich to watch him in a reserve team fixture and admits he was excited with what he saw.
He said: “The way he used his pace to take the ball round people was very exciting to watch.
You may also want to watch:
“It would be wrong to put unnecessary on him but he’s got a chance now to come in and show us what he can do.”
Westley wouldn’t reveal whether he would throw Daley straight into tomorrow’s starting line-up against Morecombe but says it’s likely he will be involved at some stage.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed