Westley: Conditions were the winner against Sheffield United
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage manager Graham Westley felt the weather was the only winner at The Lamex Stadium following his side’s 0-0 draw with Nigel Clough’s Sheffield United.
The Sky Bet League One encounter was played in driving rain and swirling winds which made conditions tough for both sides.
After seeing his team earn a point in their final match before Christmas, Westley said: “It was very hard earned, the conditions were the winner I think this afternoon [Saturday].
“It was very tough out there, a big right to left wind as I was looking at the game.
“In the first half it was really up and we had to defend our goal with real resilience and it was a game where the back four were tested, the back three as we changed shape, and our resilence was really called in to question.
You may also want to watch:
“The players got through to half-time, we turned the game around, we had probably the better of the second half as a whole, although they came on strong late on after a couple of changes.
“I think a draw was a fair result, neither side really did enough to win it.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine