Westley apologises to fans
BORO boss Graham Westley has thanked the fans for their fantastic support at Mansfield on Sunday and apologised for his side s muted response . The club made the play-offs despite losing at Field Mill and Westley says the disappointment at losing got in
BORO boss Graham Westley has thanked the fans for their fantastic support at Mansfield on Sunday and apologised for his side's 'muted response'.
The club made the play-offs despite losing at Field Mill and Westley says the disappointment at losing got in the way of celebrating their achievement.
"I just want to apologise for the somewhat muted response from myself, my staff and the players after the game yesterday," said Westley. "I can only speak for myself, but I was shocked to lose and just felt devastated.
"I was really disappointed in myself for letting it happen. I didn't get into enjoying the fact that we had moved from a position where we had 32 points from 23 matches into a play-off spot."
You may also want to watch:
The Boro chief believes his squad will have learnt a big lesson from their defeat and the 41-year-old is hopeful that it is the start of something special.
"We learned a big lesson at Field Mill and we are getting ourselves back together this morning. We will be stronger for our slip. We have earned a fantastic chance for the club and we are overwhelmed by the brilliant backing we got yesterday.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
"Hopefully, that was just the beginning. Now is the time for us all to move to our very best.
"People will think we were lucky on Sunday. You know what.....I like being lucky! Let's keep making our luck by our work-rate, unity and desire. Promoted as Trophy winners will be a wonderful feeling.