Welwyn Garden City man, 51, charged with throwing bleach at and racially abusing police officers in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A 51-year-old man has appeared in court accused of throwing bleach at one police officer and racially abusing a second in Stevenage.
Garren Underwood, of Kilworth Close in Welwyn Garden City, was remanded in custody after appearing at Hatfield Remand Court on Monday.
He faces charges of assault, being threatening or abusive, throwing household bleach at someone, and racially abusing another person – with the last two alleged offences relating to police officers.
The incidents are alleged to have happened on Saturday apart from the assault, which is described as happening on Monday. All are said to have happened in Stevenage.
The 51-year-old did not enter any pleas as cases involving the alleged throwing of corrosive liquids such as acid or bleach are regarded as too serious for handling by magistrates’ courts.
You may also want to watch:
He is next due to appear at St Albans Crown Court on October 27.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair