Annual fundraiser for Lister Hospital's children’s ward proves another success
- Credit: Vikki Mason
A Welwyn Garden City mum has had another successful fundraiser for Lister Hospital's children’s ward in Stevenage.
Vikki Mason said she cannot believe the generosity of the town despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
She said: "My son Elliot spends most of his life in hospital, as well as most Christmases in the hospital so we have fundraisers every birthday.
"COVID stopped this year's fundraiser so I came up with a Christmas Gift collection this year instead. I was overwhelmed with gifts that I have dropped off after collecting them for a few weeks and have taken two loads to Lister Hospital children’s ward."
This would be the third year that Vikki has supported the people who take care of Elliot, who was five on September 27 and suffers from two rare chromosome disorders.
"This is my new tradition after spending many Christmases in hospital so its so good to give back. Lister is amazing and without Great Ormond Street Hospital's help we would not have got him this far."
- 1 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 2 Appeal to sign petition over future of ancient woodland in Stevenage
- 3 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 4 SG1 regeneration officially under way as holding direction is lifted
- 5 New stewards employed to crack down on breaches of COVID-19 regulations
- 6 Man sentenced for smashing garage window, assault and drugs offences
- 7 Hitchin schoolboy Alex Kirk signs professional deal with Arsenal
- 8 'Incredible community spirit' pays for boy's medical chest brace after shock diagnosis
- 9 Do you have memories of Stevenage's Bowes Lyon skate park for history book?
- 10 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest