WEEK SIX: Have your say on the ALTERNATIVE Luton Airport expansion proposal
THE public consultation for plans to double the number of people using Luton Airport finishes today (Monday), and we want to thank people in Comet country for taking part and saying NO to the proposals.
But it’s not time to sit back yet, as an alternative plan is also being considered and we need you to make sure your voices are heard for this too.
London Luton Airport Ltd (LLAL) consultation ends today, and it will then submit a planning application either in April or May. The company wants to increase the annual number of passengers to 18m.
But an alternative proposal by airport operators London Luton Airport Operations Limited (LLAOL) suggests increasing the number of passengers to 16m a year.
A consultation into LLAOL’s plans has now started, and we need our readers to have their say on this as well. LLAL and LLAOL’s consultations and proposals are both entirely separate, and we need to make sure that Comet country has its say on both.
You may also want to watch:
Among the proposals are using existing unused buildings for airport use, extending the front of the airport building, extending the taxiway, and introducing a dual carriageway at the Holiday Inn roundabout.
All could mean extra traffic, more noise and night flights for Comet country.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
To make comments as part of the consultation, visit www.london-luton.co.uk/masterplan, email email@example.com or post your thoughts to Project LLA Consultation, London Luton Airport Operations Limited, Navigation House, Airport Way, Luton, Beds, LU2 9LY. The consultation ends Wednesday, April 25.
The Comet also wants to hear your views on the Luton Airport expansion, so email firstname.lastname@example.org
• For more on our campaign, click on the link in the top right-hand corner.