Week of fun planned for Knebworth Festival
KNEBWORTH is offering a week-long festival of fun for all the family. Events at the Knebworth Festival, from Saturday, June 6, to Sunday, June 14, include: - June 6, from 10am to 3pm – village fete on St Martin s Green, with stalls, a barbeque, bouncy cas
KNEBWORTH is offering a week-long festival of fun for all the family.
Events at the Knebworth Festival, from Saturday, June 6, to Sunday, June 14, include:
- June 6, from 10am to 3pm - village fete on St Martin's Green, with stalls, a barbeque, bouncy castle, children's rides and games, henna hand painting and Morris dancers.
- June 6 at 7.30pm - 60's tribute night at the village hall. Colin Campbell pays tribute to stars including Neil Diamond, Elvis and Buddy Holly. Tickets �12.50, including supper.
- June 7 at 11.30am - four-mile village walk starting opposite the Lytton Arms. Suitable for all ages and dogs.
- June 8 at 7.30pm - Talk about Lawrence of Arabia at Trinity Church Hall. The speaker, Pieter Shipster, is vice chairman and journal editor of The T E Lawrence Society. Tickets are �6, including light refreshments.
- 1 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 2 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- June 9, from 2pm to 4pm - a tea dance at the village hall, with ballroom and sequence dancing and music by Morris Whalley. Tickets �5, including refreshments.
- June 9 at 8pm - Welwyn Garden City Male Voice Choir and organist Andrew Lewis in a concert at St Martin's Church. Tickets �6 each or two for �10.
- June 9 at 6pm - Hair, beauty and holistic evening, including a hypnotherapy demonstration, at 4-Hair on London Road.
- June 11 at 7.30pm - wine tasting at the village hall. Tickets �11, including supper.
- June 12 at 7.30pm - Cello and piano concert at St Martin's Church. Cellist Catherine Wilmers and pianist IIga Pitkevica will play a selection of pieces, including work by Chopin and Gershwin. Tickets �10, under 18s �1.
- June 13, from noon to 4pm - Knebworth school fun day, including an assault course, bouncy castle, penalty shoot-out, face painting, rodeo bull, barbeque and tombola.
- June 13 at 8pm - comedy night at the village hall. Comedians Jeremy O'Donell, Imran Yusuf and Eddie Brimson will take to the stage. Tickets �10. Over 18s only. Licensed bar.
- June 14 at 5pm - Songs of Praise at St Mary's Church in Knebworth Park. Knebworth Family of Churches is holding this hymn-singing event.
- June 14 at 7pm - Classic opera concert in the Banqueting Hall at Knebworth House. The festival's finale will include popular works from Carmen, My Fair Lady and Showboat. Drinks and canap�s will be served on the terrace during the interval. Tickets �25.
Tickets are available from Village News, on Station Road in Knebworth.