WEEK FOUR: Still chance to respond to our Luton Airport campaign
THE Comet’s campaign has attracted emails, texts, and letters from readers and other interested parties, offering their support.
But we want those who haven’t yet had a chance to respond to our campaign or the public consultation to make sure they are informed.
The main concerns we’ve heard from people so far on the Luton Airport expansion are:
• Noise levels: Many people are worried that the increase in flights will make noise unbearable.
• Night flights: An increase in passengers could mean more night flights, and in turn, disturbance to residents when trying to sleep.
You may also want to watch:
• Congestion: There are fears that extra flights will generate extra traffic on the roads, including the A505, which aren’t built for it.
• Environment: There are concerns over what impact the extra flights will have on the environment.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
• Further expansion: People are concerned that doubling capacity will pave the way to expand the airport further, possibly imposing on land to the east of Luton, and over into the Hertfordshire border.
• Employment: London Luton Airport Ltd (LLAL) has said that the expansion will create 6,000 jobs, but this has been disputed by groups, who say it is “over inflated”, with the real figure closer to 1,000.
We want to know what Comet country thinks, so please keep telling us your views on the proposed expansion. But also make sure that you have your say in the public consultation too - you have just over a week to do so.
Email the Comet at email@example.com or send a letter to The Comet Newspaper, Bank House, Primett Road, Stevenage, SG1 3EE. You can also text TC VIEWS, followed by your comment, name and postcode, to 80058.
Take part in the consultation by visiting www.future-LuToN.co.uk, calling 08442 250003 or sending comments to RSUB-UEZB-SYXK, GL Hearn, 20 Soho Square, London W1D 3QW.
• Click on the link in the top right-hand corner to view more stories on our campaign.