Yellow weather warning for very strong winds across Hertfordshire
- Credit: Google Streetview
The Met Office is warning of possible disruption to power supply and transport in a wind warning affecting Welwyn Hatfield, St Albans, Harpenden, Stevenage, Hitchin, Potters Bar, Royston and beyond.
Between tonight (Wednesday, February 6) and 6pm on Saturday, weather forecasters have told us to expect spells of very strong winds.
They will gust across the south of England and Wales at night time on Wednesday and Thursday, and in the afternoons on Friday and Saturday.
The Met Office says that we can expect likely delays on road, air, rail and ferry transport and particular issues for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges.
There is also the possibility of short term power outages.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures will stay between 6°C and 10°C, but may feel colder, and there is also a very high chance of heavy rain tonight and on Friday afternoon.
- 1 Funeral organiser fined £10,000 after more than 150 people attend
- 2 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 3 Snow causes access issues at Stevenage mass vaccination centre
- 4 Police confirm investigation into alleged Morrisons spitting incident
- 5 Police attend Arlesey funeral after COVID-19 guidelines breached
- 6 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 7 Abandoned car that made international headlines set to be scrapped
- 8 Foodbank thanks public for donations as demand 'grows tremendously'
- 9 14 beautiful pictures showcase snowy Stevenage and Hitchin
- 10 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?