Met Office issues weather warning for thunderstorms in Herts, Cambs and beyond
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, as torrential rain, hail and lightning expected across parts of England.
The warning will be in place for the East of England region from 6pm this evening until 9pm tomorrow night.
According to the Met Office, there is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly and there is potential for travel disruption.
It also said: "Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
"Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost."
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 5 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 9 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 10 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals