Met Office issues weather warning for thunderstorms in Herts, Cambs and beyond
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, as torrential rain, hail and lightning expected across parts of England.
The warning will be in place for the East of England region from 6pm this evening until 9pm tomorrow night.
According to the Met Office, there is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly and there is potential for travel disruption.
It also said: "Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
"Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost."
- 1 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 2 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 3 Elderly queue in cold as mass vaccine centre opens its doors in Stevenage
- 4 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 5 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 8 100-year-old woman regains strength with Stop Falls campaign
- 9 Four-storey apartment block could be built in town centre after revised application submitted
- 10 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19