Met Office issues weather warning for thunderstorms in Herts, Cambs and beyond
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, as torrential rain, hail and lightning expected across parts of England.
The warning will be in place for the East of England region from 6pm this evening until 9pm tomorrow night.
According to the Met Office, there is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly and there is potential for travel disruption.
It also said: "Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
"Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost."
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 5 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 6 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 7 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker