Met Office issues weather warning for thunderstorms in Herts, Cambs and beyond
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, as torrential rain, hail and lightning expected across parts of England.
The warning will be in place for the East of England region from 6pm this evening until 9pm tomorrow night.
According to the Met Office, there is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly and there is potential for travel disruption.
It also said: "Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
"Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
"There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost."
- 1 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 2 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs