Weather warning issued for rain and thunderstorms on Thursday
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A yellow weather warning has been issued for rain and thunderstorms for St Albans district, Welwyn Hatfield, north Herts and south Bedfordshire.
The Met Office has warned thunderstorms are expected to move into southern and eastern parts of England during Thursday morning, with further heavy showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon and evening.
There is the potential for 30-40mm of rain to fall in an hour and perhaps as much as 60-80mm in two to three hours.
Lightning and large hail stones are also possible.
If you have dramatic pictures of the weather, send them with some details of where and when the photo was taken to: • firstname.lastname@example.org for Welwyn Hatfield or Potters Bar
You may also want to watch:
• email@example.com for St Albans district or Radlett
• firstname.lastname@example.org for Stevenage, Hitchin, Letchworth & Baldock, and Biggleswade, Sandy & Potton or the surrounding North Herts and Central Beds villages.
- 1 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 2 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 3 Elderly queue in cold as mass vaccine centre opens its doors in Stevenage
- 4 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 5 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 8 100-year-old woman regains strength with Stop Falls campaign
- 9 Four-storey apartment block could be built in town centre after revised application submitted
- 10 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
• email@example.com for Royston or surrounding villages