Weather warning issued for rain and thunderstorms on Thursday
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A yellow weather warning has been issued for rain and thunderstorms for St Albans district, Welwyn Hatfield, north Herts and south Bedfordshire.
The Met Office has warned thunderstorms are expected to move into southern and eastern parts of England during Thursday morning, with further heavy showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon and evening.
There is the potential for 30-40mm of rain to fall in an hour and perhaps as much as 60-80mm in two to three hours.
Lightning and large hail stones are also possible.
If you have dramatic pictures of the weather, send them with some details of where and when the photo was taken to: • email@example.com for Welwyn Hatfield or Potters Bar
You may also want to watch:
• firstname.lastname@example.org for St Albans district or Radlett
• email@example.com for Stevenage, Hitchin, Letchworth & Baldock, and Biggleswade, Sandy & Potton or the surrounding North Herts and Central Beds villages.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 9 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 10 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
• firstname.lastname@example.org for Royston or surrounding villages