Weather warning issued for rain and thunderstorms on Thursday
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A yellow weather warning has been issued for rain and thunderstorms for St Albans district, Welwyn Hatfield, north Herts and south Bedfordshire.
The Met Office has warned thunderstorms are expected to move into southern and eastern parts of England during Thursday morning, with further heavy showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon and evening.
There is the potential for 30-40mm of rain to fall in an hour and perhaps as much as 60-80mm in two to three hours.
Lightning and large hail stones are also possible.
If you have dramatic pictures of the weather, send them with some details of where and when the photo was taken to: • email@example.com for Welwyn Hatfield or Potters Bar
You may also want to watch:
• firstname.lastname@example.org for St Albans district or Radlett
• email@example.com for Stevenage, Hitchin, Letchworth & Baldock, and Biggleswade, Sandy & Potton or the surrounding North Herts and Central Beds villages.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 5 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 6 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 7 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker
• firstname.lastname@example.org for Royston or surrounding villages