Pictures show flurries of snowfall across Stevenage
- Credit: Charlotte Conway
As predicted, there is snowfall in Hertfordshire.
Despite the warm temperatures and bright sunshine earlier this week, the Great British weather has taken a frosty turn.
Met Office has forecast that "the light snow will move to sunny intervals by lunchtime", though this is subject to change.
Snow has fallen across Hertfordshire in Stevenage, St Albans, Hitchin and Hatfield.
Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit warned drivers to take care while driving in the conditions.
They said: "Snow is starting to fall in Cambridgeshire and appears to be getting heavier, take care when travelling and plan longer for your journey."
Met Office said: "Blustery wintry showers for many though the day. Hail, sleet and further brief snow in places. Showers perhaps merging to give longer spells of sleet or snow in the east.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 6 Stevenage fun day in aid of TRACKS Autism
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
"A brighter but still chilly day on Friday. Occasional blustery showers continuing in to the weekend."