Beautiful pictures as snow falls over Stevenage
- Credit: Jacqueline Lau
Readers sent in their breathtaking pictures of the recent snowy weather throughout Stevenage and surrounding areas.
Despite lockdown restrictions, residents were still able to get outside and enjoy spending time in the snow.
On Saturday and Sunday there was a yellow weather warning for snow and ice for the third consecutive weekend. The snow continued into this week, although not as heavily as it had fallen in January.
Jacqueline Lau sent in pictures of Stevenage in the snow, including stunning drone footage and a council worker emptying a bin in Shephalbury Park in the snow.
She said: "We owe thanks to the many unsung, underappreciated heroes among us."
You may also want to watch:
Former Comet editor Nick Gill also captured a picture of horses enjoying the snow in Stevenage's Forster Country.
The current yellow weather warning of snow and ice is expected to last until tomorrow, with icy patches and snow showers expected to cause travel disruption.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 8 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 9 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?