Beautiful pictures as snow falls over Stevenage
- Credit: Jacqueline Lau
Readers sent in their breathtaking pictures of the recent snowy weather throughout Stevenage and surrounding areas.
Despite lockdown restrictions, residents were still able to get outside and enjoy spending time in the snow.
On Saturday and Sunday there was a yellow weather warning for snow and ice for the third consecutive weekend. The snow continued into this week, although not as heavily as it had fallen in January.
Jacqueline Lau sent in pictures of Stevenage in the snow, including stunning drone footage and a council worker emptying a bin in Shephalbury Park in the snow.
She said: "We owe thanks to the many unsung, underappreciated heroes among us."
You may also want to watch:
Former Comet editor Nick Gill also captured a picture of horses enjoying the snow in Stevenage's Forster Country.
The current yellow weather warning of snow and ice is expected to last until tomorrow, with icy patches and snow showers expected to cause travel disruption.
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 5 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 6 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 8 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 9 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing