Beautiful pictures as snow falls over Stevenage
- Credit: Jacqueline Lau
Readers sent in their breathtaking pictures of the recent snowy weather throughout Stevenage and surrounding areas.
Despite lockdown restrictions, residents were still able to get outside and enjoy spending time in the snow.
On Saturday and Sunday there was a yellow weather warning for snow and ice for the third consecutive weekend. The snow continued into this week, although not as heavily as it had fallen in January.
Jacqueline Lau sent in pictures of Stevenage in the snow, including stunning drone footage and a council worker emptying a bin in Shephalbury Park in the snow.
She said: "We owe thanks to the many unsung, underappreciated heroes among us."
Former Comet editor Nick Gill also captured a picture of horses enjoying the snow in Stevenage's Forster Country.
The current yellow weather warning of snow and ice is expected to last until tomorrow, with icy patches and snow showers expected to cause travel disruption.
- 1 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 2 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 3 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 6 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 7 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree