Met Office issues ice warning as snow falls across Stevenage and North Herts
- Credit: Archant
People in Stevenage and North Herts woke up to a late white Christmas this morning, with snowfall continuing into the early afternoon.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for ice for between 4pm today and 11am tomorrow.
A yellow warning means this has a medium likelihood and is likely to have a low impact.
Temperatures in Stevenage and North Herts is around 1° to 2°, with a 40-60 per cent chance of continued snowfall until 2pm.
Temperatures are predicted to remain between 2° and 0° all day, but will feel as low as -6° in some areas.
You may also want to watch:
There are no reported delays to the rail service along the Great Northern route into London.
It is predicted to remain cold and clear overnight, with ice and sunshine appearing tomorrow and warming to temperatures of around 8-10° towards the new year.
- 1 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory