Hotter than Ibiza! Met Office forecasts a weekend of hot weather for Stevenage and North Herts
- Credit: Archant
Get the shorts and swingball out! Stevenage, North Herts and Central Beds are forecast to be hotter than Ibiza this weekend.
The Met Office has forecast a maximum temperature of 20°C on Sunday, and it could yet go higher.
It is set to reach that temperature across all the major towns in our area – Baldock, Biggleswade, Hitchin, Letchworth and Stevenage – at about 4pm, whereas the Balearic island of Ibiza is forecast ‘only’ to reach a high of 19°C.
While Saturday is expected to be mostly cloudy here, sun is expected most of the day on Sunday.
It’s all due to a high pressure front, which has been giving us warm weather and chilly nights all week.
You may also want to watch:
This will pull away over the weekend, but instead we will be getting weather from the continental countries to the south – rather than from the south-west as we are currently getting.
This will mean the temperatures will rise to the low 20s in some places. This, the Met Office says, is well above average for the time of year and is considered “notable, but not exceptional”.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
However, these sunny climates are well short of the maximum temperature which has been recorded for this time of year.
The record was made in London’s Camden on Saturday, April 16, 1949, with a temperature of 29.4°C.