Yellow weather warning for Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for Stevenage and surrounding areas this Friday, including Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock, Biggleswade and Royston.
The Met Office is warning of thunderstorms between 2pm and midnight on Friday.
Stevenage can expect highs of 25°C and lows of 16°C on Friday.
The Met Office states for Friday: “Variable cloud with sunny spells.
“Generally warm or very warm, locally hot on Friday and Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Risk of isolated heavy thunderstorms on Friday, and few showers on Saturday.”
This evening and overnight will be dry with light winds, leading to a humid night.
- 1 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 2 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 3 Elderly queue in cold as mass vaccine centre opens its doors in Stevenage
- 4 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 5 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 8 100-year-old woman regains strength with Stop Falls campaign
- 9 Four-storey apartment block could be built in town centre after revised application submitted
- 10 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
The Met Office predicts a minimum temperature of 17°C tonight in Stevenage.
Tomorrow (Thursday), is expected to be mainly dry with a maximum temperature 26°C.