Extreme weather causes power cuts to homes in North Herts and Central Beds
- Credit: Archant
Strong winds have caused power cuts to homes in North Herts and Central Beds overnight.
Scores of homes are potentially affected by the cuts caused by overhead electricity line faults brought about by the 50 to 75mph winds that have hit the country overnight.
In our area, homes that may be without power include those in Letchworth, Weston, Graveley, The Wymondleys, Radwell, Stotfold, Fairfield Park, Biggleswade, Sandy, Potton, Dunton and Tempsford.
UK Power Networks said: “Power supplies have been affected by the severe weather across our electricity network. We’re sorry to all customers affected and are working to restore supplies.
“Our electricity network is built to be resilient but extreme weather can affect overhead power lines. We urge the public to stay well clear from power lines and anyone spotting a damaged power line needs to report it to us.”
You may also want to watch:
Power is estimated to be restored in most areas by 11am.
To report a cut or to keep updated on when power will be restored go to www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk
- 1 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 2 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 10 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager