Extreme weather causes power cuts to homes in North Herts and Central Beds
- Credit: Archant
Strong winds have caused power cuts to homes in North Herts and Central Beds overnight.
Scores of homes are potentially affected by the cuts caused by overhead electricity line faults brought about by the 50 to 75mph winds that have hit the country overnight.
In our area, homes that may be without power include those in Letchworth, Weston, Graveley, The Wymondleys, Radwell, Stotfold, Fairfield Park, Biggleswade, Sandy, Potton, Dunton and Tempsford.
UK Power Networks said: “Power supplies have been affected by the severe weather across our electricity network. We’re sorry to all customers affected and are working to restore supplies.
“Our electricity network is built to be resilient but extreme weather can affect overhead power lines. We urge the public to stay well clear from power lines and anyone spotting a damaged power line needs to report it to us.”
Power is estimated to be restored in most areas by 11am.
To report a cut or to keep updated on when power will be restored go to www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000