Will it be a wet or white Christmas?
- Credit: Pexels/Jill Wellington
Are you dreaming of a white Christmas?
Back in November, the rumour mill was awash with chatter of the chance of a snow flurry this festive season, with snowfall expected across our area in the run up to Christmas and on the big day itself.
But sadly, it's looking like this festive season is more likely to be a wash-out than something out of a Wham! Christmas music video.
There'll be a foggy start to Christmas Eve before a large band of rain sweeps the south and south east.
The rain is set to move north in the latter part of Christmas Eve, with the colder air creeping down south, clashing with a warmer weather front coming in from the south west.
Christmas weekend is set to be mild, wet and windy, with no guarantee of the white stuff. But, whatever the weather, it's set to be merry and bright.
Maybe next yeah, eh?
- 1 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 2 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 3 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 4 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 5 Schoolgirl inappropriately touched while walking home
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 10-year-old Ayana makes 'phenomenal' stage debut in The Lion King
- 8 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 9 Hitchin Forum: Westward Ho! Stevenage first, North Herts next!
- 10 Annual River Hiz clean set for Hitchin