‘We will remember his laughter’ - Family tribute to murdered dad
- Credit: Archant
The family of murdered Stevenage man Peter Shickle have paid moving tribute to him after his death on Sunday.
The body of the 58-year-old was discovered in Silam Road, Stevenage on Sunday.
His family said: “Peter Shickle was father to two daughters Karla and Lauren whom he loved dearly. He also had two older brothers John and Paul.
“Peter, also known as Shicks, had many friends and would often be seen socialising down his local pub.
“He could make a joke out of anything and for this we will always remember the laughter he brought to so many.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank everyone who has been in contact, wishing their condolences and sharing stories of Pete. It has made a devastating situation a little easier to cope with.”
Daughter Lauren posted on the Comet’s facebook page saying: “Dad, what can I say, you have been taken from me in the worst way. I love you so much and will always miss you, knowing i’ll never see you again just destroys me. Love you dad R.I.P.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
Peter’s other daughter Karla posted: “Dad can’t believe you have gone. I know you weren’t perfect, but you didn’t deserve to be taken in this sickening way. I know we weren’t as close as we could of been but that doesn’t mean I didn’t love you or care. RIP. Sleep well. Love you.”
Graham King, 35, from Harrow Court, Stevenage and John George Jamieson, also 35, from Wigram Way, Stevenage, have both been charged with murder.
They are due to appear at St Albans Crown Court today.