We were woeful in the second half against Barnet, says Sheringham
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage boss says players helped Bees ‘on their way’ to three points
Teddy Sheringham says a ‘woeful’ second half performance from his Stevenage side helped Barnet ‘on their way’ to all three points at The Hive.
Fraser Franks’ first-half header gave Boro the lead yesterday, but despite Tom Hitchcock’s second-half goal the Bees scored three times after the break and could have added another two as Martin Allen’s side won 3-2.
Speaking about his side’s performance, Sheringham said his players ‘did some crap things’ to let Barnet back into the game.
“Decent first half, woeful second half. We just let them come on to us,” said the Boro boss.
You may also want to watch:
“I think we did some crap things earlier in the second half to let them come on to us. You work on things in training to make things easier for yourselves in situations like this.
“We knew the game was going to change, without a doubt. There’s no way they could be as bad in the second half as they were in the first half.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“We expected it to come. We talked about it at half-time. So we helped them on their way.”