‘We were the better team’ - Westley
Boro boss thinks side deserved more than just a defeat at Bradford
STEVENAGE boss Graham Westley said his team was ‘by far the better side’ in their defeat to Bradford City on Saturday.
Boro dominated the game from start to finish but went down to Gareth Evans’ 31st minute penalty at the Coral Windows Stadium and the result leaves Stevenage with one point from their opening two matches.
Speaking after the game, the Boro boss said: “We’ve completely dominated the game from virtually start to finish.
“I thought over the 90 minutes the boys’ work ethic, their physicality and their footballing ability was by far the dominant outfit and I think they deserved so much more than a defeat and I really do think they deserved to win the football match.
“Let’s be honest, for 90 minutes it has been played in their half. There were maybe moments in the first half where they got the game going forward.
“Peter (Taylor, the Bradford City manager) was good to say afterwards that the better side lost the football match and I think we were by far the better side. There’s no question about that and we’ll take a lot of heart from it.”
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 9 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf