We were good value for win - Westley
Boro boss Graham Westley believes his side were good value for the three points they picked at Salisbury City on Saturday. Charlie Griffin s strike in injury time at the end of the first half condemned his former side to defeat and gave Boro their four
Boro boss Graham Westley believes his side were "good value" for the three points they picked at Salisbury City on Saturday.
Charlie Griffin's strike in injury time at the end of the first half condemned his former side to defeat and gave Boro their fourth consecutive league victory.
"The players worked their socks off in very difficult conditions," said Westley, who saw his side close the gap on Oxford United to just two points due to the league leaders' FA Cup tie against Barrow.
"Any three points you earn here are a good three points. The second half opened up a bit as we went searching for the second goal and there were chances at both ends but overall I felt we were good value for the three points."
You may also want to watch:
Salisbury had their chances to earn a share of the spoils with striker Matt Tubbs causing several problems but, in truth, it would have been hard on Westley's men, who always looked to have the measure of the hosts.
Chris Todd's sending off late on galvanised City but Stevenage withstood the onslaught to claim victory.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
"I thought we were good value for the win. Any side chasing a game at home is dangerous and there's always a slight worry when you are just one goal ahead but I was pleased with how we saw it out.