We're gunning for promotion - Byrom
BORO midfielder Joel Byrom has spent a week training with his new teammates, and says he has seen enough to convince him that Boro will be pushing for promotion this season. The new signing already knows captain Mark Roberts and coach Dino Maamria from th
BORO midfielder Joel Byrom has spent a week training with his new teammates, and says he has seen enough to convince him that Boro will be pushing for promotion this season.
The new signing already knows captain Mark Roberts and coach Dino Maamria from their time together at Northwich Victoria, but said he has been impressed with the rest of the squad.
"We're looking really good this season. We've got a really good team and I've been impressed, although this is probably the toughest pre-season I've ever had because of the hot weather.
"The manager has brought in some good players to add to a team that pushed for promotion last year and won the FA Trophy so everything is looking good."
You may also want to watch:
Asked who he thought the strongest teams in the league might be this coming season, Byrom said: "I think Luton Town will be very strong this year. They've come down with good players from League Two and have added to that.
"Oxford United had also signed a few good players so I think they'll be pushing for promotion, however we've got a great bunch of quality lads here and we'll be looking to be up there ourselves.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
"That's the reason why I joined the club, to win promotion and go on good cup runs. I want to be successful and I know I can be at Boro."
Byrom currently lives near Maamria near Blackburn and commutes to Boro's training ground on Broadhall Way on training days.
He is looking to move down to Hertfordshire, however, and will go house hunting with Roberts in a few weeks.
"I get on really well with Mark and he has said that he'll help me look for a place down here. It'll make it a lot easier for me travel-wise.
"Both him and Dino have been really good to me and have really helped me settle in well.