‘We’re doing ok’ – Westley
Boro boss takes stock of season so far
GRAHAM WESTLEY insists his team have not been disheartened by their recent back-to-back defeats and they are as determined as ever to show they can handle themselves in League 1.
The 5-1 thrashing of Sheffield Wednesday earlier this month showed just what Westley’s team are capable of on their day, but subsequent defeats against Notts County and Carlisle United last Saturday have acted as somewhat of a reality-check for the team as they bid to bounce back against Scunthorpe on Saturday.
“We always take stock of where we’re at in the big scheme of things,” said Westley.
“And in the big scheme of things we’re 13th after promotion last year – we’re top of the four promoted clubs which suggests we’re doing something right.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re getting ourselves used to a new league, learning new grounds and opponents and we’ve had a steady, if not spectacular start, so 13th place represents that.
“There’s no point worrying what might have been if we’d have been a little bit better in the last couple of games or if we’d have won more points earlier on in the season. We are where we are and all we can affect is our results going forward.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
“By comparison to others who have made the same jump we’re doing ok, but we’re not complacent about that fact by any stretch because we obviously want to do better.”