We’re creating chances but missing them by the ‘smallest margins’, says Parrett
- Credit: Archant
Midfielder says Boro are creating opportunities to score
Dean Parrett says that Boro had their chances against Leyton Orient on Tuesday evening – and it was only the ‘smallest margins’ that stopped them from getting among the points.
The midfielder, speaking after the 3-0 defeat, said: “Orient are a decent side. They’ve got very good players, and took their chances. They were extremely clinical
“We hit the bar in the first 45, it’s fair to say we had some chances to score.
“You can say if we hadn’t hit the post early on [through Brett Williams] and it’d gone in then the game would have had a different complexion. And again when Dipo then hit the bar.
You may also want to watch:
“On another day Williams’ strike goes in. And on another day Dipo’s shot would have gone in too. It’s a matter of inches. The smallest margins.
“It is a learning curve for us because we are a new set of lads who’ve come together and we are gelling. We worked so hard but just came up short again unfortunately. We’re all gutted.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell
Stevenage return to action on Saturday with the visit of Hartlepool United to the Lamex.
For match updates, follow the Comet on Twitter: @stevenageborofc